There are a rare breed of people who love Christmas wrapping… and then there’s the rest of us. It’s not that we’re lazy or that we just hate Christmas – some of us just can’t work out how to neatly tie a Christmas bow and wrap presents without ripping the paper.
Bu don’t worry, we found a Santa-sized sack of tips and tricks to make a Wrapping 101 guide fit for both Scrooges and Christmas elves alike!
- Use a hard surface. Your paper won’t crease and your corners will be neater.
- Make it challenging. Sure they want to rip open their present but make them work for it! Use multiple layers and colours of paper. Cover the present with Christmas bows so they have no chance of feeling the shape and texture through the paper. After all, there should be an element of surprise!
- Don’t be afraid to go the non-traditional route. For instance, using fabric to wrap the present and tying lots of elaborate knots at the top not only make a giant pretty Christmas bow, they make it harder for your loved one to even know where to begin opening their gift.
- Can’t find your wrapping paper? Draw and paint your own design on a plain cardboard box with a permanent marker for a funny festive gag.
- Don’t forget to add tons of confetti and glitter inside the box. Especially if the gift is super small… or if there’s an annoying relative who you know will have to spend weeks getting glitter out of their house.
- Pick a wrapping paper theme for each family member or friend. That way you will be organised through the Christmas rush and you can pick their favourite colours for all of the Christmas bows and paper!
- Go the extra mile and tie your own Christmas bows with ribbon. Get tons of different colours to make a more elaborate decorative Christmas bow for their present.
- Make it personal. Whether it’s printing out all of the embarrassing photos you’ve captured over the years on white paper to wrap their gift with or picking wrapping featuring their favourite TV show as a kid, keep it personal. They’ll be smiling even before they’ve opened their gift!
Start hunting down your Christmas bows and wrapping paper now the countdown has begun! Find your nearest Poundstretcher store and pop in now!